Creating Usernames & Passwords
Setting Up Your Username and Password
Miromaa allows you to have control over who can access your language work, through user accounts. Each user account is given a Username, Password, and User Groups:
User Names and Passwords
Allow you to control accesses by others to your language documentation. To access Miromaa each user must have an account set up for them by the administrator, this account is password protected. Miromaa also uses this user name to note who has entered or edited information, which you can view in the Info area of the Editor screen see the Editor Tour chapter for more information.
User groups let you control which areas of Miromaa each user has access to This controls what each user can and can’t do. You do this by assigning user groups, which have pre-set access settings, these can be changed if needed The default setting for the user groups are as follows:
This is the default administrators group and is initially used to setup your Miromaa database. This is also your default group for creating, deleting, editing accounts and user groups. This group cannot be personalised.
- Access All Areas
This is a group for someone who is not an admin but you wish to grant access to all areas within Miromaa. You can easily personalise this group to your needs.
- Power User
Has access to all screens but can not add or change users. You can easily personalise this group to your needs.
Has access to the learner screen only. Login with username learner and password learner to gain access to Learner screen only. This group cannot be personalised.
Has access to all screens but can not add or change users by default. You can easily personalise this group to your needs.
- Entry Only
Has access to the entry screen and the help menu and to do lists. This group is aimed at volunteers or people performing a data entry role only, they cannot access the Editor or any other work areas by default. You can easily personalise this group to your needs.
Creating a User Name and Password
To create your username and password, and for anyone else you may be working with:
- In the login screen under Username select Admin from the drop down menu
- For password type admin
- The Main Menu screen will appear
- Click Options in the Main Menu
Select Tools from the Menu Bar and Options from the drop down menu. The Options screen will appear.
- Under Security select Users:
- This will open the Users Panel; click on ‘Add User’:
- This will open the pop-up box below. Enter the user name you wish to have (make it something easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess):
- Click OK.
- This will open the pop-up box below. Enter the password you wish to have:
- Re-enter your password to confirm:
- Miromaa will ask “Do you wish to add this user to the current language?” click ‘Yes’:
This will take you back to the Users panel of the Options Screen, your User Name will have been added to the list.
- Click on your name in the list:
It will bring up the following screen offering several different User Groups:
THE USER GROUPS
- Access All Areas: Exactly that, user can access all areas.
- Admin: Also has access to all areas
- Entry Only: Has access to the entry screen and the help menu and to do lists
- Learner: Has access to the learner screen only
- Linguist: Has access to all screens but can not add or change users
You can read more about User Groups and their function in the Community Protocols chapter. It is possible to customise the different areas that each User Group can access see the Customizing Miromaa chapter.
- Click on the user group you would like to be in:
- Close off the screen with the red square.
- Click ‘File’ in the Menu Bar and select ‘Logout’:
Your name will now have appeared in the dropdown menu on the login screen.
- Click on the arrow next to the Username Field
- Click on your user name
- Enter your password:
Congratulations you have now logged in with your own user name!