Creating Your First Language File
Watch & Download Video
Watch the video from our Vimeo site where you can also download your own copy for offline viewing and sharing with others
NOTE: Images and instructions may vary from time to time as we are always constantly upgrading the Miromaa software.
The video above will be the most current representation
To open Miromaa for the first time (and every time after that): Double click on the Miromaa icon that sits on your desktop:
When you are greeted by the login screen: The first step to creating your language file is creating its database.
- Choose “I want to...Create”
- Enter your language name & click 'OK':
- The File Explorer window will open. Navigate to your ‘Miromaa Language Work’ folder
- Double click on it to open it:
- Double click on the ‘Data’ folder inside it, so you are inside the ‘Data’ folder:
- Click ‘Save’
- Miromaa will create a file and a folder inside the data folder:
The file will be called yourlanguageDAT (e.g. AwabakalDAT) and the folder called yourlanguageMMData (e.g. AwabakalMMData). These are the brains of Miromaa.
- Double click on the folder.
Inside will be another folder with the name of your language (e.g. Awabakal). This folder is where Miromaa will archive copies of your library items and media:
This is the folder structure of Miromaa.
These circled folders work together as the brains and memory of Miromaa:
! VERY IMPORTANT !
NEVER move, delete, change or rename these folders!
- If you go back to the login screen it should now look like this:
Congratulations you are ready to log in to Miromaa for the first time!
Logging Into Miromaa For The First Time
The first time you log in you will use the default Username: Admin and Password: Admin.
Best Practice Tip: We recommend creating your own username and password immediately, and only using admin for your first login.
To log in for the first time:
- Click on the arrow next to ‘Please Select’ in the ‘Username’ field a menu will drop down:
- Click on ‘Admin’
- In the ‘Password’ field click in the space and write ‘admin’
- Click ‘Login’
WELCOME TO MIROMAA!
You will be greeted by the Main Menu, you will get to know this screen better in the Main Menu Tour chapter:
1. Your first username is ‘Admin’ (select the first on the list). The password is ‘ admin’.
2. We recommend creating your own username and password immediately and creating separate usernames and passwords for each new user. See the chapter Creating Your Username and Password
3. It is important to make sure your database is connected before you begin each session. If it is not, please DON’T create another one, Please contact us using any of the methods listed on the following page
4. Your database file system holds all of your work. This is why your database is so important!